Saturday 5 December 2015

My Sephora/Ulta Holiday Wishlist

Happy holidays everybody!

I'm sorry I've been away for so long. I lost inspiration for blogging then started to actually study to be a make up artist in September and I didn't have the time to blog or do any YouTube videos. But I am back with my *drum roll* holiday wishlist! If you're reading from the US, we do not have Ulta or Sephora here in New Zealand. So whenever my favourite YouTubers bring up holiday gift sets, I basically want to cry. This year I thought it may be fun to create a wishlist, who knows? Maybe I'll dive into the world of Youshop and have a few of these things sent over here for me to cherish. As far as I know these are all holiday gift sets, or at least released during the holidays but they may be permanent. Anyway if you're curious about some awesome gift sets that I have my eye on, please keep reading. These are in no particular order. 




Now I realise I said these are in no particular order, but not gonna lie, this is the palette I want the most. The Tarte Greatest Glitz Collector's Set is an Ulta exclusive and retails for $49US, while being a $322 value. It's divided up into 3 small palettes that you can remove from the box and has a little drawer underneath that pulls out to expose a Deluxe sample of the Lights, Camera Lashes mascara and a LipSurgence Lip Creme in the shade Flashy. The 3 palette colour schemes are Neutrals, Rose Golds and Smokeys, in total you get 24 Amazonian Clay eyeshadows and the 3 Amazonian Clay blushes in shades that are exclusive to this palette. Out of all of the holiday kits I've seen so far, this seems to be of the biggest value and I'm a sucker for anything with cute packaging. 


The other Ulta exclusive I am dying for is the Limited Edition Lorac Mega Pro 2 palette. I own the first one which I paid $150NZ for and I have to admit, it wasn't quite worth such a hefty price tag, especially if I wasn't a make up artist, but for $59US? Sign me up. Also this one happens to be double the size of the original! It contains 16 matte and 16 shimmer eyeshadows that are all honestly quite stunning. Me being a blue-eyed girl I'm very drawn to the orange, warm toned shades in this palette but the mixture of warm and cool toned shadows are still appreciated. Apparently this palette is valued at $205US. Awesome. Plus with any $25+ Lorac purchase from Ulta you get a Deluxe Sample size of their Cobra mascara. I haven't heard anything about this mascara yet (which to me indicates it's either awful, or an undiscovered little gem) but hey a GWP is always appreciated.


I'm not sure if this is available at Ulta, but moving over to Sephora we have the Limited Edition Gwen Stefani palette that she created with Urban Decay. The second I saw Tati pull this out on YouTube I wanted it desperately. Now she has 12 shades that have never been seen before, 3 already existed in the Urban Decay collection, and put them into one stunning palette. She named most of them too. This sells for $58US and even though I only own one Urban Decay palette, I would snatch this up in a heartbeat if I had the chance. Combining my love of make up with one of my favourite artists, I would be a very happy camper. 
I've admired the Urban Decay Vice palettes for years and this one is no exception. The Vice 4 is just perfection from the packaging to the amazing array of eyeshadow shades for $60US. This year all 20 of these shades are brand new, the beautiful rainbow design on the outside look like an oil slick and comes with a matching black pouch with a white version of the design on it. For once I was more drawn to the three, minty blue/green shades rather than the warm tones in this palette. Arctic, which is the fourth shadow in the second to the bottom row, is unlike anything I've ever seen before and to me, I would buy this entire palette for that one shade. I also love that the brush included in this palette would actually be decent enough to use. I can't get enough of Urban Decay. 

Wow Sephora brand! This Limited Edition Jem and The Holograms Collection reminds me of a Vice palette for $39US. Jem and The Holograms is a cartoon from the 80's and was turned into a live action movie, which naturally inspired this gorgeous range of jewel toned eyeshadows. If you're into neutrals or mattes primarily, this palette would not be for you. But for me, this is perfection. It looks like it's going to be quite bulky but it's very slim and made of cardboard. I probably wouldn't need this AND the Vice 4, but seeing as I collect palettes, maybe I could justify it..?

Oh Kat Von D, how I want you in my life. The Monarch and Chrysalis palettes are to die for, so why not jump for the LE Monarch Eye and Lip Set? The Monarch palette itself is a beautiful mixture of mattes and shimmers, I feel like since the Shade + Light Eye palette gets so much hype, the Monarch is pushed under the rug when it's actually a beautiful neutral palette. The palette on its own is $46US, so why not pay $75US for this kit that's actually worth $126? It comes with 4 other full size KVD products! The Immortal Lash 24-Hour Mascara (another product I honestly haven't heard anything about but come on, if nothing else, look at that packaging!), the Lightening Liner in Jett which is a metallic black liquid liner with silver shimmer in it, an Everlasting Liquid Lipstick in Jeffree AND a Studded Kiss lipstick in the shade Archangel. Everything you could possibly need for a gorgeous eye and lip combo. I feel like Kat Von D does no wrong, so this package is something I would die for. 

Believe it or not, this is the last eyeshadow palette on my wishlist for this year. The Smashbox Master Class Palette III - Color and Contour is about as big as its name. I think if I weren't a make up artist this is one palette I would pass on, but for $65US you're getting $300 worth of product from Smashbox. 32 eyeshadows with their Photo Op formula, 3 blushes, one contour, one highlight and one bronzing powder this palette could do so much for me in my make up kit. Unfortunately I think the face products would only be suitable for light to light/medium, POSSIBLY medium, skintones, but the eyeshadow line up is amazing and I've heard wonderful things about the eyeshadow formula for these. They include 4 Get The Look inserts which are wonderful if you're stuck in a rut or if you're overwhelmed by the selection in this palette and for make up artists they include blank face charts - a God send. All around a beautiful set for a make up lover or MUA. 
I don't think this is a holiday palette necessarily, but it's definitely Limited Edition and exclusive to Sephora. Out of Steven Klein's Collaboration with Nars to create a few different products, the One Shocking Moment Cheek Palette is absolutely my favourite. Paying $69US for $165 worth of cheek products? Sign me up. And no, I'm not putting this in my kit if I get it. It's mine, mine only. I don't own any Nars products yet but I know I could do no wrong in buying this palette and if Young Wild and Polished thinks this is the best Nars palette, I'll trust her word. You get a huge Laguna bronzer (holiest of holy grails for dozens of YouTubers), a contouring duo Paloma and Paloma II (didn't realise there was such thing but hey, not complaining), then 4 absolutely stunning blushes in Robotic, Blasphemy, Luster and Dolce Vita. I don't think these blush colours are exclusive to this palette, but as someone who owns nothing yet, this would be perfect for me. 
I'm not gonna lie, this packaging suckers me HARD. Thank you Kathleenlights for showing me the holiday, Limited Edition bareMinerals Jumbo Size Original Foundation with SPF 15 in Fairly Light. How freaking gorgeous is this packaging? HONESTLY. I haven't tried bareMinerals yet but I've only heard good things about this foundation and buying a Jumbo size (0.6oz) in stunning holiday packaging for $42US when the original is 0.28oz for $28US I think is extremely worth it. One of the best parts is that your huge, fluffy powder brush will fit into the lid of this one! But yeah... packaging A+. The only downside is that there are far less shades to this jumbo size. 
I always love the look of Sephora Favourites kits and I believe this one was released for the holidays. The Sephora Favourites Beauty Closet is one of the most expensive I've seen at $99US but of course this kit is worth a whopping $298. It has pretty much a full face of make up in mini and full size products. Sign me up! At this point I am getting lazy and there's so much in here that I am going to copy and paste from the Sephora website the list of products and their sizes. I'm sorry (kinda). 

- 0.23 oz Algenist Complete Eye Renewal Balm 
- 0.085 oz Anastasia Beverly Hills Mini Clear Brow Gel 
- 0.04 oz Full-size Ardency Inn MODSTER Smooth Ride Supercharged eyeliner in Gold 
- 0.15 oz bareMinerals Mini READY™ Touch Up Veil Broad Spectrum SPF 15 in Translucent 
- Full-size Beautyblender® micro.mini sponge applicator 
- 0.34 oz Becca Shimmering Skin Perfector™ in Opal 
- 0.04 oz Bite Beauty BB for Lips in Flush 
- 0.24 oz Elizabeth and James Nirvana Black eau de parfum rollerball 
- 0.4 oz Full-size Formula X Nail Color in Fahrenheit 
- 0.33 oz Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer 
- 0.16 oz Josie Maran 100% Pure Argan Oil 
- 0.12 oz Julep Freedom™ Polymer Top Coat 
- 0.10 oz LancĂ´me Paris Lip Lover in 355 Framboise Etoile 
- 1 oz Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Broad Spectrum SPF 20 in Nude 
- 1 oz Living Proof Prime Style Extender 
- 0.5 oz Ole Henriksen® truth serum® collagen booster 
- 0.07 oz SEPHORA COLLECTION Colorful Mono eye shadow in #32 Pop Idol 
- 0.25 oz Smashbox Camera Ready BB Cream Broad Spectrum SPF 35 in Light/Medium 
- 0.07 oz Stila Convertible Color in Peony 
- 0.11 oz Tarte Amazonian clay waterproof bronzer in Park Ave Princess™ 
- 0.17 oz Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara

Wow, looks at all of that stuff. I have tried the Becca Shimmering Skin perfector in Opal and like everyone in the universe I adore it and the Too Faced Better Than Sex mascara is pretty good, but aside from that everything in here would be completely new to me. Unfortunately because this kit includes a perfume I don't think I can have it shipped to NZ, but hey, I'm gonna dream nonetheless. 

Sooo we are finally at the end of my Sephora/Ulta Holiday Wishlist! Let me know what you think of these products that I'm wanting, if you've tried them tell me how they perform and let me know your wishlist for this year!

Happy holidays everyone,

- WannabeMUA (Enya) xo









No comments:

Post a Comment