Tuesday 11 August 2015

Maybelline Better Skin - Final Update and Gianni Rotti Eyeshadows!

Alright beautiful people!


My final verdict for the Maybelline Better Skin foundation is that it has done nothing to help my skin. Still as many break outs, hyper pigmentation and general flaws. I am sick at the moment so naturally my skin isn't going to look its best, but even before I got sick I could tell it was doing nothing. I've heard from a friend that the skincare benefits work for her, but on my skin, not so much. I won't be wearing this foundation very much because I don't like the way it looks on my skin and I also hate that it's very orange. Because I knew my verdict would be short and sweet, I wanted to add something else to this blog post. So let's talk about eyeshadow!


Gianni Rotti eyeshadows were a gem of a find for me. They're $1 - $2 a piece and found in random $2 Shops around New Zealand. I got mine from a local charity shop. For the price, I wasn't expecting much when I picked my first one up. Just wait for the craziness inside these cheap packaged single eyeshadows. 


I have 14 of these, I think there's 16 or 17 in total. As I mentioned, the packaging is pretty cheap, but who cares? I love that the top is clear, but they fall open pretty easily. I do have a couple that are smashed thanks to my baby brother, I'll replace or press them eventually. The other con is that out of these 14 shades, only 3 are matte. The rest are either satin or metallic. The pros are that these shadows are crazy pigmented, really quite smooth but they're also firm so there's not a whole lot of powdery-ness if you go in with a brush. For a $2 eyeshadow, that's extremely impressive. Want to know the most amazing, random thing about them? They smell like candyfloss. Why? I do not know. Is it awesome? You bet your best mascara it is!

 There also aren't many neutral shades, which to some people may be a con. For me, I don't mind. It's so easy to find good, neutral shadows that are affordable. Colours are what the drugstore tend to struggle with, but these bright colours are absolutely perfect. How rare is it to find a bright orange eyeshadow? Okay, I'll reveal the swatches now.



WHAT?! How are $2 eyeshadows THIS pigmented? Am I dreaming? No. This is real. I can't believe it. This is better than my Cargo palette, this is better than some of my Make Up Revolution stuff. I don't understand how in the world a company can make these and sell them for $2 a piece, yet high end eyeshadows can let me down. I am not disappointed by a single shade. It's insane. Totally crazy. The bronze and the brown-ish gold are my two favourites, but I don't dislike any of them. Also, these were swatched without primer. They all have numbers rather than shade names but most of mine are rubbed off, so I can't really give you the numbers. Do I really need to say more? I don't think so. If you see these in any store, buy them. You wouldn't regret it. 

Thanks for reading,

WannabeMUA (Enya) xx






No comments:

Post a Comment