Thursday 6 August 2015

My Little Haul

Hello loves!

I did a little haul on my channel here and decided to do swatches and everything on my blog instead of doing them in the video! I bought everything from Marlaine, as usual. Often I do really big hauls, but this one included a couple of high end items that I desperately wanted. So let's get into it!







 This is everything I got in my haul! A Real Techniques Expert Face Brush, the Covergirl Full Lash Bloom mascara and Perfect Point Plus eyeliner set (which she actually gave me for free), LA Girl Blush Bricks in Spice, Glam and Glow, a Make Up Revolution Cover and Conceal palette in light, a Make Up Revolution Ultra Bronze palette in All About Bronze, Make Up Revolution Big Love eyeshadow palette, Anastasia Beverly Hills Limited Edition Shadow Couture eyeshadow palette, Too Faced Little Black Book of Bronzers and last but not least, BH Cosmetics Dark Rose Eyeshadow and Blush palette. Now I shall show swatches of everything and give my opinions so far. Also just a little side note, I used the brush this morning to put on my foundation and it was flawless. Made buffing foundation into the skin completely effortless and made my skin look awesome.


This is one swipe of the Perfect Point Plus eyeliner. One swipe. The thicker line is me using the little sponge tip on the other end of the liner to smudge it out. I thought the pigmentation was absolutely wonderful, although when I went in with a baby wipe it did come off very easily. I love the fact that the pencil is self sharpening, however, and based on the Gold shade I already have from Covergirl, I think this is going to be a total hit for me.


I tried to swatch the concealer palette but the shades just didn't show up on my skin, which could be a good sign. So this is the Make Up Revolution All About Bronze palette. There are 8 gorgeous shades in here that are perfect for pale skin like mine. There is another swatch on the far right but it's more like a highlighter and doesn't show up very pigmented on my skin. These are a little powdery but I think they're beautiful anyway, especially the 2 on the right end of the palette, which are marbled, they're what drew me in to this palette in the first place. The third shade from the left is going to make a wonderful contour shade for me. I'm happy that they're not crazy pigmented, because I sometimes find bronzers hard to blend, so I personally prefer ones that I can build up. Loving this based on the swatches.


Now for the LA Girl Blush Bricks. From left to right is Spice, Glam and Glow. I already owned Pinky so I wanted to pick the rest up and these didn't disappoint. I do find with the brightest shades, such as the bottom one in the middle, they can make you look a little clown-ish, especially if you're a Porcelain skin tone such as I. But go in with a light hand and you're sure to be fine. This are extremely good quality and I paid $15 a piece for them, which I think it's very much worth it. The highlights are absolutely stunning too, but with so many bronzers I tend to skip over those. Maybe these palettes will make me want to use the bronzers more?

Top row: Milk Chocolate Soleil, Chocolate Soleil, Snow Bunny, Dark Chocolate Soleil
Bottom row: Pink Leopard, Beach Bunny, Endless Summer, Sun Bunny.

 The Too Faced Black Book of Bronzers has had me lusting over it since the moment I saw it on YouTube. It has eight Too Faced Bronzers in it, including all 3 shades of Chocolate Soleil. Due to these 3 shades the entire book smells like chocolate. Yes. Snow Bunny is more of a highlighting bronzer, which is again why it doesn't show up very well on my skin. I have the Bonjour Soleil Limited Edition Bronzing Wardrobe from Too Faced that has Chocolate Soleil, Sun Bunny and Snow Bunny in it. I found in that palette Sun Bunny was a lot darker than in this one, or maybe I was using too much? Anyway not all of these shades are going to work for my skin tone at the moment, but I'm really happy to have them. Pink Leopard is honestly my favourite.



Make Up Revolution Big Love. Now normally I adore Make Up Revolution, I own more from them than I do from any other brand. This palette, to me, was just blah. The pigmentation was incredibly hit and miss and two out of 3 of the highlight shades were just pure shimmer. It is set up so that you can easily create 3 looks with it, which I think is brilliant for beginners, makes the palette much less overwhelming if you're not sure where to start. But I don't think this is a palette I'll be reaching for very often, I do really love the brown on the very left and the silvery grey on the left of the right most picture. Nothing really special about this palette.







The BH Cosmetics Dark Rose palette. Can we take a moment to appreciate the beautiful packaging? You guys know I have a thing for skulls after my Urban Decay Ammo palette and I just couldn't resist this one. I also love it when eyeshadows palettes come with cheek products, plus this had the liquid eyeliner in it too! The top photo is swatches of the first 2 rows of eyeshadows. The bottom is the last row of shadows, the 3 blushes and ONE swipe of the liquid eyeliner. Speaking of the liner, it's in the felt tip pen form which I love and it's super hard to remove. This is it after I went at it with a baby wipe.
I had to scrub it off of my hand. I really wasn't expecting anything much from it, but now I'm super impressed. The shadows were fine, nothing amazing but not bad quality either. BH Cosmetics are generally quite hit or miss for me with their eyeshadow palettes, but I like this one just fine. The only problem is there are only 2 matte shades in the palette, both are purple. So there is no matte, light brown to use as a transition shade. I prefer palettes that I can use on their own, but hey, you can't have it all. I really love the blushes in here and I think they'll all look good on my skin tone. Once again they're not too pigmented, so it's easy for me to build them up on my cheeks as I wish them to be. Really like this palette, mostly for the packaging though!

Shades from L to R: Soft Peach, Morocco, Heirloom, Bellini, Pink Champagne, Chic, Spoiled, Fudge, Azure, Intense Gaze, Metallic and Noir.

 L to R: Soft Peach, Morocco, Heirloom, Bellini, Pink Champagne, Chic.

L to R: Spoiled, Fudge, Azure, Intense Gaze, Metallic, Noir.

 Last but absolutely not least is the Anastasia Shadow Couture World Traveller palette! This is absolutely the most exciting thing out of my entire order. Just look at those colours. That pigmentation. I could die. This palette cost me $55 and I think it was insanely worth it. My only disappointment in the entire palette is Azure, the blue shade. In the pan it looks far brighter than it swatches, but maybe that's a good thing? Most of these shades are matte with a couple of intensely shimmery shades thrown in and a couple of metallics too. I love it and I think it is stunning. I also feel like it's very inexpensive for a high end palette, considering the cheapest I've found the Naked palettes for is $75 a piece. My favourite shades are definitely Morocco and Fudge, I adore warm browns, bronzes and oranges. I also think that Noir is probably the most intense matte black shade that I own. Super impressed.

So that's haul for today everyone! (I think I'm funny when I'm not). I hope if you haven't seen my video you'll go check it out and let me know your thoughts on any of these products. I've heard from Slashed Beauty that the Full Lash Bloom by Covergirl is similar to Benefit Rollerlash? Maybe?

Thanks so much for reading,

WannabeMUA (Enya) xx












No comments:

Post a Comment