Wednesday 8 July 2015

LA Girl Matte Flat Pigment Glosses - Swatch and Review

Hello beautiful!

I thought I would shy away from my eyeshadow palette addiction and talk about my favourite lip products of the moment. I am crazy about the LA Girl Matte Flat Pigment Glosses. Everyone's jumping on the liquid lipstick bandwagon and I am no exception. I've only tried a couple of other brands, both the NYX and Collection Cosmetics liquid lipsticks dried out my lips at least a little. I buy my LA Girl ones from this woman who sells them for $12NZ a piece which I think is very reasonable. There are 16 shades in the collection, I own 5 of them and want, well, all of the rest!

 Left to right are: Dreamy, Fantasy, Timeless, Frisky and Backstage

As you can see they come in quite a big, clear plastic tube that is very sturdy and has a black lid. I like that the tube is clear and you can see inside, although I found with a couple of the shades that they appear lighter on the lips than they look in the tube. The applicator is a doe foot but it is flat, which makes for an easy application. I did try to photograph the applicator but it didn't show up very well, so the next image is one from the LA Girl site. I find it very easy to trace the shape of my lips with this unique applicator.


The product is extremely pigmented and although it acts just like a long wearing liquid lipstick, the fact that it is a gloss is what makes it so special to me. It remains very slightly tacky on the lips, which means it doesn't dry out the lips at all and feels extremely comfortable to wear, without being sticky or annoying. That is definitely my favourite part about this formula. It is super long wearing and I can wear it for 5 or so hours without touching up, although with messy food it will come off of the lips. Probably the only drawback.However if you're just snacking on some potato chips or something of that nature, it will be fine. It can get slightly crusty around the inside of the mouth but I find it to not be very noticeable. It can settle into fine lines too, which I would be wary of if you don't like that sort of thing. I find I can wear it with or without a lipliner and it doesn't feather or smudge. You can also layer it up without it going crusty or patchy. Best of all it's mostly kiss-proof! 

Left to right: Dreamy, Fantasy, Timeless, Frisky and Backstage.

Most of these are true to colour, what you see in the tube is what you get. The only exception is Backstage which I actually prefer it as it applies to the lips rather than how it looks in the tube. I have been told that Stunner, a gorgeous bright purple, is a bit patchy, other than that I haven't heard anything negative about these glosses at all. My 2 favourites are definitely Dreamy and Backstage, which is surprising because I'm not one to go for a statement lip very often. I can't find any fault with the shades that I own and I'm dying to buy more of them. Absolutely my favourite lip products of the moment! 

What's your favourite lip product right now? Are you on the liquid lipstick bandwagon? Do you own any of these? Please let me know! Also head over to my Instagram if you would like to see a few of these swatched on my lips.

Thanks so much for reading,

WannabeMUA (Enya) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment