Wednesday 22 July 2015

Nighttime Skincare Routine

Hello lovelies!

Since I'm doing a little series on the Maybelline Superstay Better Skin foundation, I thought we would talk about my skincare routine too! This is just my nighttime routine, I know you're meant to cleanse, tone and moisturize before putting on make up, but honestly I only use moisturizer and eye cream. But at night, my routine is pretty extensive.






First and in my opinion, most importantly, I take off my make up. I start off with The Body Shop Camomile Cleansing Oil. I take one pump of this and massage it into my skin and even use it to take off heavy eye make up! Then I add a little bit of water and wash it all off. Sometimes there is make up left on my eyes so I put some Garnier Micellar Water on a cotton round and just wipe it over any missed spots. After using these 2 products my skin is totally clear of make up!



Once I'm in the shower, 4 days a week I use the Purifying Daily Cleanser that I got in a kit around Christmas time. It definitely cleanses my skin but I don't like that it leaves it slightly red and feeling tight in a bad way. 3 days a week I use the St. Ives Ageless Skin Apricot Scrub. This is an exfoliator that I love, I have combination, senstive skin and while it definitely scrubs away the dry skin, it's super gentle and my favourite so far out of the St. Ives scrubs. My holy grail is actually the Garnier Active Intent Charcoal Scrub, with 2% salycilic acid in it, but I'd better use up what I have before I repurchase. That one helps with both acne and dry patches.


Next is The Body Shop Tea Tree toner. I'm worried this might be slightly too harsh for my skin, but I always feel fresh and clean after using it. I believe the tea tree oil in it helps to dry out my pimples and this bottle has lasted me since Christmas. I like it, but nothing to rave about. 


Next is quite a pricey item, Oasis Beauty Straight Up Spot Serum. I got a sample of this last November or December, raved about it and received it in the mail for writing the best review. I use it every single day and it honestly works miracles for my skin. I only put not even a whole pump of it on my face and only apply it where I get break outs. Another product that really helps to keep my acne at bay. It's worth every cent and because it is a serum, it lasts a very long time.


Now onto eye cream, this one is a sample size of the Oasis Beauty Lips and Lashes. I've gone through 3 sample sizes of it and again, while pricey, is worth it. I have extremely bad dark circles and have heard from people that this makes theirs lighten so much that they need little to no concealer now. I haven't found that, but it really hydrates my undereyes and helps my lower lashes to grow for sure. Once I get through a couple of my other eye creams I will purchase the full size because this is my favourite.

Lastly is the by Nature Bee Venom Face Creme. I put this on after eye cream for 2 reasons, one is that an eye cream absorbs faster and better when used first, because of how thick moisturizers tend to be. The other reason is that this does sting. Especially if you get it in your eyes. I find as long as I don't use a very stripping cleanser, it doesn't hurt so bad now that my skin is used to it. It really moisturizes and the bee venom in it has wonderful properties to help your skin glow and fight off acne. I don't think I will repurchase, but definitely not a bad product.


I use 2 different masks, once a week each. On Thursdays I like to use my Lush Mask of Magnaminty Face and Body Mask. This is the self-preserving formula which, as the girl in the store told me, you don't have to put away in the fridge and it has more honey in it than the regular one, making it more moisturizing and anti-bacterial than the original. I love the way it feels on my skin, it has Evening Primrose Seeds in it which exfoliate my face and the peppermint smell is so yummy. I leave it on a little longer than recommended, about 15 minutes, and then wash it off. My skin feels super smooth and looks amazing. I find my break outs do come to the surface a lot more quickly, the ingredients in this mask seem to draw them out, but it also makes them go away faster. I have nothing bad to say about it at all.

On Sundays I like to apply my Skinfood Mud Masque. This is a clay mask, made here in New Zealand, and to me it seems like a dupe for the Glamglow mask. I spread a decent layer over my T-Zone then wait up to 20 minutes for it to dry. It dries to the consistency where it cracks if you smile. On some occasions it does sting my eyes but I've been
told that this is due to sulphur build up in the tip of the tube. I can literally see it sucking all of the oil from my pores. It's satisfying in a gross kind of way. It also hardens over break outs and makes an amazing overnight spot treatment, it'll pretty dramatically reduce any swelling and redness from a pimple.


So that's my nighttime skincare routine! I hope you enjoyed reading and if you have any holy grail skincare products, please let me know!

Thanks for reading,

WannabeMUA (Enya) xx

No comments:

Post a Comment